Hair Shedding Featured Image

Hair Shedding: Everything You Need To Know

Most people with healthy hair have approximately 100,000 hairs on their head. 90% of these hairs are actively growing [1]. The remaining 10% are resting (known as telogen) or shedding…

Can A Trichologist Help My Hair Grow Longer?

Can a Trichologist Help my Hair Grow Longer?

Trichology is the science behind hair and your trichologist is an expert who can look into how to increase your hair growth and improve your hair’s condition. We’ve all seen…

Common Scalp Problems And How To Treat Them

Common Scalp Problems and How to Treat Them

Scalp conditions can be very common, and can sometimes lead to some form of hair loss. Issues concerning the scalp can range from the everyday dandruff that’s extremely common to…

Scalp Psoriasis

Scalp Psoriasis – Diagnosis and Treatments

Psoriasis is an auto-immune disease which affects around 2% of people in the UK, with many of these particularly affected by scalp psoriasis. The condition occurs when skin cells grow…

Can Depression Cause Hair Loss?

Can Depression Cause Hair Loss?

Good hair gives us a good feeling – everyone knows that. And yet, few people consider the relationship between mental health and hair. This four-part blog series focuses on four mental health conditions as they impact your hair, and what can be done to help.
Hair And Anorexia Nervosa

Anorexia And Hair Loss: What You Need To Know

Anorexia nervosa is a mental health disorder characterised by restricted eating. Sufferers often lose weight rapidly, becoming malnourished. The health risks of eating disorders like anorexia are well-known — but…

Trichotillomania

Trichotillomania

Good hair gives us a good feeling – everyone knows that. And yet, few people consider the relationship between mental health and hair. Many mental health conditions can cause thinning…

Traction-or-trauma-alopecia-and-its-treatment

Traction or Trauma Alopecia & its treatment

Traction alopecia occurs when hair is consistently worn in very tight hair styles, creating constant tension on the hair root which causes irreparable damage. This tension will, initially, cause breakage…

Chemotherapy-hair-loss-special-cancer

Can Chemotherapy Hair Loss Be Treated?

Chemotherapy is a life saving medication -- but it can wreak havoc on your body. Chemo patients experience a wide range of side effects, but one of the most obvious…

Trichotillomania-on-casualty-hair-loss-by-compulsive-pulling

Trichotillomania on Casualty: hair loss by compulsive pulling

A few posts back we did a special on Trichotillomania, a psychological condition whereby the sufferer is compelled to pull out strands or clumps of their hair, causing damage to hair and hair follicles, and hair loss. Since then, we have continued to see how many sufferers have shared their stories online, with patients as young as 16